Whale Watching

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stormy Saturday

Hello One and All!! Step right up for the experience of a lifetime! Once I figure out what it is... I'll let you know.

This morning Luke and I used my IHOP birthday coupon. Luke used it to get a free meal, and I just got hash browns and took one of his pancakes. It was the perfect amount for the both of us. There is a track meet at A&M today, but it is raining so hard that coach decided that only the distance runners would go compete.

I was very busy yesterday preparing swaps to send out. The swap is called Zentangle My Name. After looking on Google images for a while I decided that zentangling was just doodling. With this swap we had to spell our partners name, one letter on each ATC. Whoever got Alex is lucky... sadly I didn't get myself and ended up with Barbara. I decided that my favorite thing to doodle is trees, so I got to work.
The next one was just a plain ole zentangle.Then I did a Christian ATC. The key is actually a key chain that I've had for at least 5 years if not longer. A friend found it at a garage sale and gave it to me. The words really spoke to me it has been on my key chain since... but broke off a weeks ago. I took this as a sign that it needed a new life and should be passed on to someone else who might need it. I'm pleased with the result.This is another swap that I sent a while back. I forgot to take a picture of it and the girl I sent it to was nice enough to send me a picture. It was a swap called the I love Swapbot Ultimate Swap. You had to make a postcard, ATC, and matchbox that all have to include the Swapbot mascot Ernie the Envie... envie short for envelope. For mine I used a chocolate wrapper to make the matchbox gold, and little Ernies inside of it with some buttons.Now for the stuff I have received! First, what I got in the Ultimate Swap. The ATC is Hogwarts themed and has 2 dachshunds on it. She read my profile and made added some things I like.I also got my third Audrey Hepburn ATC. Still waiting for 2 more.

1 comment:

Danni said...

My avorite atcs in this one ar your tree one and the hogwarts one you recieved. I am planning a new line of watercolor cards of cities within countries like that large piece I did of hong kong with the newspaper. Except mini. I will make a set for each country I pick. I am starting with japan but I think I will move to holland or something like that after.