Whale Watching

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Weekend Overview

My birthday was wonderful! Luke made me pink lemonade icebox pie, got me these mini drawers for me to fill up with nick knacks, and this stamp that I LOVE!


My friend Andy got me this Alice in Wonderland puzzle. I can't wait to put it together. This will be one I glue and frame.

I got an awesome package from my family with all sorts of scrapbook/ATC fun, and of course caramel Cadbury eggs. I'm really excited to use the stuff from my family. I already have some ideas of how to use it. I also got my 2 Pisces Birthday swap stuff from swap-bot partners. One gave me a handmade pouch, some backgrounds for ATCs, and other various treats.


The other gave me a box of photo corners, an Adventure sticker for scrap booking, and this awesome handmade card. At 1:30 I had to go get radioactive dye injected into my arm for my bone scan. It was quick and painless (thank goodness), and I got to go home for a while. The dye went through my blood stream and acted like calcium so my bones sucked it right up. I went back at 5 and had "pictures" taken of my feet. I actually had to lay with my feet inside one of those big machines (I can't think of the name). There was a screen for me to watch, and my feet were fuzzy white blotches on it. Video was taken for 6 min as the radioactive dye danced around on the screen in the general shape of my feet. Then all the frames were mushed together to show one picture of my feet bones. It was pretty cool to see.
For my birthday dinner Luke and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings. He got wings and I got my usual kid's burger and fries. I also bought a Strawberry Daiquiri just because I could. It tasted good, but I think it tastes better without the alcohol.
After dinner we went to the basketball game and then watched Singing in the Rain. I love that movie so much. I had a great birthday. I can't believe I'm 21. It sounds strange.

Luke jumped 16' in the pole vault this weekend. This is an indoor PR for him. His outdoor PR is 16'6.75". I'm so glad I got to go see him jump. It was fun being at the track meet. You can see his jumps from different meets at http://www.lukejumphigh.blogspot.com/. He is a few meets behind, but he will get them up soon. He is currently sitting at 10th with one other person, and he will find out tomorrow if he gets to go to New Mexico for nationals.

I found out today that I don't have a stress fracture. Hooray! But now we have to figure out what is actually wrong with my foot, and why it hurts so much. No more boot!!!! I was so sick of that thing. It was strange today without it though. My left knee hurt, and my hips felt as though they needed to dip awkwardly from the boot being taller than my shoes. It wasn't too bad. I am really bummed that I didn't do the bone scan two weeks ago. I could have been getting better or close to it by now. I want to be ready for outdoor. At the beginning of indoor I was feeling so good during workouts. I ran sub 60 for my first 400, and everything was feeling great... except my foot. I was ready for a sub 57 PR this season. I'm going to work hard to get back there. This is rather frustrating.
We successfully moved all my stuff from the storage shed to the house Sunday. Luke is very happy with the shed in the back yard. I'll have to take pictures of everything to share later.

2 comments:

Danni said...

Be sure to get those pictures of the house. I never got to visit the first one so I am really curious about this one.

Blossom inch said...

awesome gift, awesome swap and what an awesome celebration you had with your husband ha...take care and hugs.
yuzz