I have officially been to all my classes. We started school yesterday so I have now been to all four and I must say that Theatre Appreciation is by far my favorite so far. My Thermodynamics teacher is so bland and dry... like toast. My teacher is a nerdy piece of toast. Thermo is my last mechanics class I have to take (Thank the Lord), but I know it is going to be hard and I am going to hate it. My Hydrology class (finally something in the civil department!) seems like it won't be too bad. The teacher is comical in the way that he reminds me of Bullwinkle. I think it will be my second favorite class. Structural Analysis will come in third place because it is civil, but not very interesting. My professor (Dr. Ashraf Z. Al Hamdan) has a fast paced mumble so I will definatly have to read the book. I thought it was funny that theatre app was the last class I went to, because it just goes to show that I am obsessed with saving the best for last. I think that is the best way to live life. Always end on a good note whether it is a meal or talent show, you should always go out with a bang. For this class we are required to attend the two major "plays" on campus (I " " because one is a play and the other is an opera), write our own play (it only has to be a 3 page scene), devote 10 hours to theatre whether it be helping make sets, being in the play, or just going to see them, and write a 6 page paper. Of course there is reading, quizzes, and tests but that isn't the interesting part. For my 10 hours I would love more than anything to try out and be cast in it, but I forced myself to realize that I honestly don't have the hours to put into it. I know this is true, but I think I also found this reason becasue I'm slightly afraid of the rejection. The only two plays I've been in were because my aunt casted them. The first one hardly counts for anything because I was a prop and had to sit around most the time. I also decided that I don't have the time for it because I remembered the fantastic slap of exhaustion at the end of each day during Alice in Wonderland. I think I will try out simply because I get "hours" for it. For the 6 page paper, we can substitute it with 10 more hours and I really don't want to write. I wonder if going to see Cirque counts. There will be a show here is September and Luke and I want to go. I'm really excited about it.
I would write more, but it is now time for me to go run. Hopefully those tortilla chips aren't still taking a tour through my digestive system. Stomach cramps while running are the worst.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I guess thats campus life...I am sure you will love all the subjects and take care! Have a lovely weekend.
Post a Comment