Whale Watching

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Why?

It is 4 in the morning and I am still awake from the 3:30 fire alarm. This is my first college fire alarm. I have been lucky enough to miss the first 4. I honestly didn't even hear it until Beth came in shouting "Girls, wake up!" Then I heard the ringing and was scrambling for my phone and my shoes. We ran down seven flights of stairs and into the 23 degree night. The power is still out, and I'm not ready to sleep yet. The building looked like a party was going on inside because lights were flashing at different times in all the windows. It was laughing at us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exciting!!!! Was it terrifying at first to be jolted awake, and not know what was up? We went through the same thing at a hotel. I did not like it at all!