Whale Watching

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back in Bama

Well here I am. Beth and I arrived at the dorm at 5:20 yesterday. I drove the entire way... not because Beth didn't want to.. she did offer. I just prefer to drive because it makes the trip go faster and because I wanted to be able to say I did it. Turtle is well... except for the fact that his water bottle dripped everywhere during the trip and his box was ruined. I tried offering him a couple new boxes, but he hasn't like either of them. So instead he goes and sleeps in the opposite corner. I'm a bit worried though, because it is bloody cold in our rooms and I don't want him to die. I need a way to keep him warm. I thought about a space heater of some sort so I can be warm too, or a light over his cage. I would really appreciate some assistance with this as soon as possible because I love my little pokey pet and I don't want to have to bury it anytime soon. In other news, I start classes tomorrow. I'm ready. Track practice also starts tomorrow. I'm going to die. I am rather excited about pole vault though.
I need to finish unpacking today. I did most of it yesterday, but I got tired of it, so I'll finish today.
If I can remember to do this each time, I am going to use a quote from the book Danni gave me "Enduring Words for the Athlete".

"The man who has no imagination has no wings"
- Muhammad Ali

I really want to go into the Peace Corps, but right now it looks like I'm going do AmeriCorps instead. Its strictly in the US, and it pays off student loans. I have to look more into the student loans and which branch I would want to go into. I figure that if I like this, then I can do the Peace Corps later. It would be a 2 year commitment like the PC, but I wouldn't leave the country. I have to research more though before I make any decisions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A small space heater would suffice. Aunt Margie had one that ocillated. Be careful! Don't let it get close to any cloth etc. No fires! Is the heat not on in the dorms?