Starting with last monday, practice was a Bob Jones High School track. When we got there the cross country team was finishing up and it was windy. Coach Cain said the wind started about 15 min before we got there. We started our mile warm up and it was pretty chilly. As the work out went on it just kept getting colder and colder until I thought my hands were going to fall off, and CT told us to just go home because it was so cold. Because the caf was closed (MLK Day) we went to Chilis to eat and it started snowing outside. Tuesday at practice we were inside. While we were warming up and doing drills Leah's arm hit my hand. Leah being the woman of steel she is, it hurt pretty bad. My had was red, but i figured it would go away. About 30 min later I look down and there is a huge lump on my hand. After practice i put ice on it thinking it would go down. it did... for about 10 min. then it swelled up even more and by the end of the night half my hand was blue except for the lump which was purple. now, a week later, the lump is getting smaller, but still there. the blue is now just really dark in most places.
Friday our names appeared on the online roster, and our pics should be up soon. The woman took 3 pics of us and 2 of them I was laughing because my teammates were making faces behind the camera woman. I also had to take my gold and silver sprint spikes back because they were too big. I ended up having to go with some blue Nike sprint spikes. :( I don't want Nike... I want Brooks. But i didn't have to pay for them, so I guess I should be happy. Next year... the Brooks Twitch (size 8 1/2) are mine! Today at practice we ran a full speed 350, 1 min rest, full speed 350, full recovery. then we did it again. I think I did very well. I was rather proud of myself.
Saturday is our first track meet. I'm honestly extremely nervous. I have never been very nervous for a track meet, but this one is really getting to me. CT has created 2 4x400 teams that will probably be in the same heat. Team 1 is Keena to Kristin(german girl) to Leah, to Maegan. Team 2 is Me to Rebecca to Julia to Delicia. Rebecca wants so badly to beat Kristin and has made it very clear. This is what is making my nervous. If i don't do well enough and keena passes off to far ahead of me... gah. I think i will be fine, but it still makes me nervous. I just wish we would be in different heats. It might make me run faster, but i i just don't know if i can handle the rest of the week without going crazy. other than that i will be running the 200 and triple jumping. I'm just ready to get it over with.
I bought Turtle a new wheel this weekend... it is huge! I read that i should get him a 12" diameter wheel. His old one fits inside his new one. Of course he was too big for his old one and could only run a few steps before he had to stop, or else he would flip off. Once he realized he could just keep going in this one he was cruising. he was going so fast and that wheel making a lovely swooshing sound that wouldn't let me go back to sleep. I got him a bigger cage to run around in and I need to find a new box for him to sleep in.
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post this. I have thought about it multiple times, but I always forget or just don't feel like it.

2 comments:
Wow! What a bruise. Take a picture of turtle and put it on your blog. I want to see him. Is he liking you any better or still biting like crazy. How often do you mess with him?
don't worry about the meet. Just kick butt! Love ya. I don't care about what place you come in, but get your time!!! I want to tract your times.
are you sure it isnt broken? and the only movie i can think of that has that is toy story 1 & 2. but yeah, there are alot of small bones in your hand and you might have pushed one into a wrong position(where the bump is) and that forced the rest of them to shift(forcing the bruise to appear). sorry love but that definatley is not a normal bruise. oh! we got sorted by level into new art classes, and i got put into the top group! arent you proud of me? and, we're starting our series pieces. so yeah, i'm excited.
Post a Comment