I went to my first class this morning. I like the teacher. I think it will go well.
At track practice we did our usual mile warm up, stretches, and drills. Then we ran 6 300s. I was pleased with myself. I did rather well. CT told us that the next 4 weeks are going to be hard, but once we start the season we ease up into competition mode. Tomorrow we have 6 250s. Wednesday is our easy day: block starts. Thursday we run 600, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100... gah. She couldn't remember what Friday was though, so I don't know what torture Starfish will have to see. After practice we went to lunch as usual. The food was good... much better than the end of last semester. We have a team meeting tonight at 8. I don't know what we are going to talk about other than the track schedule and try on uniforms. I must say it is going to be weird wearing blue. I am so used to black and "gold" uniforms that it will be a bit awkward at first. I bought air fresheners so Turtle doesn't make my room stinky. They are working very well. I replace his newspaper every evening so he can rough it back up at night and sleep in the paper wad all day. This morning at 7:30 I woke up and watched him rearrange his room for about 10 min. Its kind of amusing.
While I was organizing my bookshelf I found some writings that Danni and I did. Each one of us would write a line and pass it back and forth. I'll post them and change the color for each of us.
My heart ticks and tocks with anticipation. As the hands go round and round I see the sky. My fingers turn to water to quench my thirsty mouth. The water flows through me but passes unnoticed by the lungs. My breath dries my body and rings me out like a wet rag. But lo, the rag slaps at the nape of my neck like a tidal wave. Flooding my eyes and face blocking my nostrils and suffocating my soul. I pull myself to the break of water and inhale the crisp air like a last breath. Pollution poisons my lungs and I spat in my hands. But it is a trick of the wind and I am filled with cleanliness. Pure and lovely. I lay to rest in peace.
This one cracks me up.
When you sing you must ding like a bell at a wrestling match. But ark! My heart peels away the layers of an onion like a chia pet. What pet does jet in and out of the zoo? Causing havoc in the marmalade jar. But pull, pull, and lull it does on my heart strings. The orange light does fade into the bead. Green and black and orange and blue, those women knew of the colors that slay. Lo, grey eyed Athena wanders to and fro yet she wonders why she must go. She knows that he wants the ankles of all to dance in mud and flattened frogs. Tired. Aching. She holds the cliffs edge, until her momo pulls her into a field of poppy seeds and lull. Eating and sleeping she grows round and lazy, and only wanting to find the holy grail in her dreams. Rolling through the land as a holly wolly she ends up in Bollywood, where she falls off the very cliff of her past and sleeps forever more.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like your back in the swing of things. Don't forget to come up with a good story if the RA catches you with Turtle. ex. "I'm holding it for a friend cause he's in jail" or "I won him in a contest and I'm trying to find it a happy home, would you like it"
Good luck
C
thats awesome! i love that you keep our random conversations. or rather just dont throw crap away. lol. i love you
Post a Comment