Whale Watching

Friday, August 27, 2010

Red Leather, Yellow Leather

If you noticed my last post's or this post's title, they are tongue twisters. You should try saying them repetitively. They don't have to be too fast... just about 5 to 10 times. It is fun to see which ones you are good at, and which ones you can never seen to conquer.
Luke's new computer came in yesterday, and he seems rather pleased with it. We made sure he or I were at the house all day to receive it with open arms, but when the UPS man brought it, he rang the door bell and left it on the front porch. The poor laptop would have been a defenseless abandoned baby if we had not been there to take it in and sooth its fears by unwrapping and assembling it (plugging it in). Passen is going to help Luke decide what parts of Luke's old computer he can sell.
Tomorrow is the track team's lake party. The cross country team has been having a lake party at Coach Cain's lake house every year for many years... I guess because they are the favorites (even though we are better.) People have bothering Coach to let track have one, but it never happened. Tomorrow is finally our first one. Julia is bummed out because she doesn't get to tube. Her physical therapist forbids it. I'm not a big fan of swimming, and I definitely don't like tubing. For me it is just not exciting to be abused by the vibrations and slammed around when it bounces off the waves. I'm not much into having to squint because the wind is slapping you in the face and drying out your eyes. It's just not my kind of fun. I think I'd rather ride a mechanical bull than go ride tube behind a boat. So I will be sitting with Julia on the boat taking pictures and cheering on those that enjoy it. I'm used to people trying to peer pressure me into doing stuff I don't want (watching scary movies for example), but once I have made up my mind, I will not change it. That is the power of being stubborn.
I am getting pretty hungry right now, but I have to wait for Luke to get out of class so we can run before I eat. I had Rice Crispies cereal and an apple for breakfast. I need to add something else to my daily breakfast routine. I'm open for suggestions. No boiled eggs. I can't force one of those down every single day. Something with good protein that won't be torture. No almonds either... I'm kind of burnt out on those.
Wednesday night I was playing my ukulele along with an Ingrid Michaelson song. I let it play on my computer and I looked at the sheet music as I went. I can't sing with it yet, because I have to concentrate on the strumming and my note changing isn't fast enough yet, but I will get there eventually.
I bought my Singulair the other day... $134.88. Medication is just so dang expensive when your insurance is terrible.

1 comment:

Danni said...

That thing about the defensless computer reminds me of harry potter. Maybe it will be destined for greatness too. We are studying archetypes, and i find it very fun finding them all in books and movies.