Whale Watching

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Craft Creations

The craft blogs I looked at yesterday inspired me to start trying a bunch of different tutorials. Yesterday I decided to make a paper flower ball. It took forever! but I was pleased with the end result. I used a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper and went to work ripping it into a little larger than 3.5 cm squares. Then lots of origami.... lots and lots of folding. I had to make each petal, use 5 petals to make 1 flower, and 12 flowers to make the entire ball. 60 petals! I think I might have lost my mind if the folding was complicated at all.
Today I made this flower I found, but it's lame. I didn't want to use my scrapbook paper so I cut out of a magazine.
So I decided to try making one of those fabric flower. The first method I tried to follow wasn't working for me, so I looked around for a few more. I used a Crown Royal bag for the purple cloth. I wound it up and liked how it looked, so I went to get some glue to put the thing together. I found the hot glue gun, but no glue sticks. Then I found the mini glue sticks, but now mini hot glue gun. After searching and searching I got really annoyed and decided to find something else. I found a tube of Scotch Maximum Strength Adhesive, but I couldn't get the stupid lid off!! I considered Gorilla glue, but there were too many warnings on the label and I didn't want to deal with it. As I was considering super glue I saw a can of a spray on adhesive, and fabric was on the label's approved list. To keep from making a mess in the house I went outside and sat on the concrete with cardboard to work on. Of course... I MESSED IT UP!!! I sprayed it on, but made one wrong move and the flower popped open and unwound. I made a desperate attempt to fix it, but the damage was done. Now my fingers are sticky, purple and fuzzy. I am done attempting to craft today. I'll stick with my lame flower and move on. Maybe I'll watch Tres Caballeros to make me feel better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That first flower is GORGEOUS!! The origami one. Really pretty.
Karen