Whale Watching

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday Whatday?

I feel like a bum! I started out on Stumble Upon, which led me to some craft blogs... then somehow an hour and a half passed me by and the thoughts I had about working out have grown smaller. I need someone to work out with. I did find some awesome blogs to follow though.

This morning around 7:53 I gathered all my papers and got ready to register for Fall classes. If you get on the Banner system at 7:58 it will run like clockwork. The moment 8:00 rolls around the system bogs down because every single person who is eligible to register that day is on at the same time trying for dibs on the best teachers. I logged on a few seconds after my computer clock changed to 8, and what should have take me 20 seconds to type in the course codes and submit them took about 3 minutes. Lucky for me this has been the easiest semester I have ever had signing up for classes. In the past I have been wait listed, the school Internet flaked out because I was sharing it with everyone else trying to register, or I got error messages that forced me to call my advisor to get an override. Needless to say I was extremely pleased with how this morning went. In the Fall I will be taking Hydrology, Structures 1, Thermodynamics 1, and Theatre Appreciation. I'm looking forward to everything but Thermodynamics. Everyone says it's pretty difficult.
Wedding planning is going well... It has also taken over the kitchen table. Between the work-in-progress flower arrangements, the gifts that need to be finished, and the pile of papers used to keep track of all the madness, there isn't any space to actually sit at the table to eat.
There is also a large pile accumulating by the door of wedding "stuff". At least it isn't taking up my entire closet anymore.
Finally I will show you my attempts with gouache paint and India Ink. These are the ATCs for the number series on Swap-bot. The picture of the 9 is terrible, but oh well.

No comments: