This morning when I woke up at 7:30 I decided that I didn't want to go back to sleep like I usually do. Instead I got up and had a small cup of coffee. I just love the mugs at my house. There are so many different ones, but the one I used this morning is one that I remember us having a long long time ago... in a galaxy far far away. I remember when I was first old enough to understand it, and it still cracks me up today.
Anyways... before my tangent, I was talking about waking up. After I got a bit of coffee, I grabbed my decomposition book and a pen, and went outside. I sat on the concrete and watched the sun climb up the sky. It was beautiful and the weather felt so amazing. Here in Texas, this is the only time it will feel this amazing in the summer. This is what brings me to "What inspires me?"....
The Morning
I love the morning. I can think more clearly and something about it makes me feel more alive. I sat there for a while and wrote in my decomposition book. It wasn't really anything important or interesting. Just whatever thoughts came into my head. I'm sure they will get painted over later, but it felt nice to just write. Then I took a few pictures. I love the long shadows that the low sun casts, the sparkling dew, and the gentle brightness that seems to sharpen my mind. Once I went back inside I was ready to create.

1 comment:
I so understand what you are talking about! Mornings are a wonderful time to foster creativity. Beautiful pictures.
Post a Comment