Whale Watching

Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Can't Think of a Title...

Yesterday Luke and I went with some friends to the river. We had a good time going off the rope swing and riding around in the boat. I even skied for the very first time. The hardest part was stabilizing yourself while sitting still in the water. It was actually pretty easy to get up and ride. I made it up my first time, but my arms got tired after a while so I just let go. My hips and shoulders are sore today from it.
I joined an ATC swap a while back that was an Alice in Wonderland mega swap. We had to make 9 specific cards that comprised of Alice, White Rabbit, Cheshire Cat, Mad Hatter, Red Queen, White Queen, Caterpillar, Eat Me Drink Me, and Tea Party. I used the Cheshire Cat that I made a long time ago, but the rest I will post.
I traced most of them on a light board, and Danni drew the bottle for me on the Eat Me Drink Me card. I printed off the caterpillar to trace it because I didn't like the picture in the book. When I got frustrated with tracing it I just cut him cut and glued him down. I'm unhappy now with the Queens. I made these before I understood that the Red Queen and the Queen of Hearts were different people. The Red and White Queens are chess pieces. The Queen of Hearts is a card. The first two are in the second book... Through the Looking Glass. Now I feel like I must share this knowledge with the rest of the world.

No comments: