Thursday, December 17, 2009
Bitter Chocolate and Sour Orange Juice
Is it really that easy to just stop having anything to do with one of your friends? I have been friends with a certain friend since 8th grade. We had classes together for 5 years... Every single class together senior year! Best Friends! But as soon as we graduate all interest is lost on her part. I tried and tried and tried to hang out with her before I went to Alabama, when I came home for Christmas, and when I can home for the summer. We would have a planned time to hang out, but when that time came and I was all ready to go, she texts me to cancel. The excuses are pretty lame too. One time it was because she said she fell asleep and didn't feel like getting up. Later that day I went to the mall with Dan, and guess who I saw with a group of people that she never hung out with in high school! I even rescheduled with her, but of course she canceled. While I was at school this semester she FaceBook chatted me. She was like, "I haven't seen you in so long!" and, "I miss you! How are you and Luke".... "Blah, blah, blah"!!!!!!!! Of course you haven't seen me in so long... you blow me off every time I try and hang out with you! I said something to her earlier on FaceBook about not hanging out for a year and a half, so she was like "Well lets hang!", but I don't even know if I'm interested anymore. I don't want to get stood up again. And if we actually did hangout I know that the old friendship connection we used to have is gone, so it wouldn't be that great. When I was home for the summer we ate at Wing Dingers... the restaurant where she works. I thought it would be exciting to see her... we were best friends after all. It was just blah. Like she was just a waitress that I kind of knew back in high school. Okay... I'm done with my rant. I'm sorry if you read that entire thing because its not interesting to anyone else but I needed to get that out, and no I don't want to delete this. Other wise I wouldn't get the feelings out somewhere else. I don't know if this makes sense or if the spelling is correct. Right now I just don't care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
getting it out is important. and you'll meet many of those people in your lifetime. i have gone through a bajillion already. its pretty easy to get through once you realize it's for the better. you can be as pissed at them as you want but dr. paul said to think of it this way. "if you became someone of influence down the road and had to write an autobiography, how much space would that person take up in your book? a paragraph? a page? a chapter? or would they even be mentioned?" i usually find that they have to significance at all. wouldnt even be mentioned. So, every time some one breaks your heart like that, and i know it's a pretty crappy feeling, just realize that moving on is what helps you become a stronger person. there is no need to hang on to someone who drags you down with their crapula.I love you darling. and she's stuck in life right now. your better off without her.
Post a Comment