Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Wrapping Paper
I realized something today. During Christmas we give gifts that we wrap up in decorative paper just for it to be ripped open and thrown away. It is ridiculous! So many trees killed for our silly wasteful tradition! I have decided that I am no longer going to buy or use wrapping paper. We have plenty of gift bags to put stuff in, and enough tissue paper (which is also a waste) that we get from other people every year. Just reuse it!!! We have been reusing gift bags and tissue paper for a long time, but I don't see a need for gift wrap at all anymore. Besides, putting it in a bag is was easier than wrapping it up. I might even start using plastic bags as tissue paper because there are so many of those stupid things in this wasteful country!!!!!!!!!! I want to recycle any wrapping paper I get. It makes me sad to think of how wasteful we are. I think my new years resolution is to be less wasteful. I will have to remember to take my cloth bags when i get groceries. I might even start showering like the French... Only have the water on when I need it. So while I'm putting the shampoo and conditioner in my hair I will turn the water off. I will continue to shave my armpits though... sorry France, but that would gross me out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Me too!
I said "me too" to the you not shaving your armpits part.
Post a Comment