Whale Watching

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Buy Mints For Their Tins

Today at practice was a sprint day. We did the speed ladder, pulled the sled, and bungee runs. It was an enjoyable time. After the track we went to the weight room. I was almost done with everything and I was finishing up with snatches when I slammed the bar onto my head. As soon as I did it, I did one of those look arounds to make sure no one saw it. Then I had to take a moment to recollect myself. I finished up with my push ups and went into the training room. I got ice for my knee. I felt a knot forming on my head and told Julia and Leah about it. Carolyn (the trainer) said I should put some ice on it. It is just tender now with a small bump, but no bruising that I can see. It hit me right at the edge of my hair line, so if there is a bruise my hair hides it. I have a little bit of a headache, but it comes and goes.
Leah now weighs 114 lbs. Before she got the swine she weighed 130. She was semi forced to talk to the team doctor today, and they said they need to do blood work to see if they can find the problem. Julia has to get an arthrogram to see if there are any tares in her shoulder. They have to stick a needle all the way down into her joint and inject dye. She is not looking forward to it. She looked it up online and the reviews weren't very good. One guy said it was the most painful thing in his entire life. I'm glad I only have a lump on my noggin. Good Luck Room mates.
I am very sad... I only have one Cadbury Egg left. I am going to have to save it for a special occasion. They are my favorite candy in the world, and I only have one left until next March. I must use it wisely.
Our spring sports banquet is this Friday. We have to dress nice to accept awards and eat good food. After the banquet Luke, Passen, and I are going to drive to Passen's house. We are staying the night there so we only have a short drive to Troy Saturday morning. Luke and Passen are jumping there because the rest of us don't have a meet. I'm going to watch and video.
Tomorrow is Earth Day. I'm not really sure what I want to do to celebrate it. I could hug the trees, but I already do that. If there was a safe place for me to plant something that wouldn't get mowed down I would do that. If anyone has any ideas, I am open to them.
It is now time for Luke and I to go to our math classes. Let's see if I can wake him up....

1 comment:

Danni said...

That is scary that she has lost that much weight that fast. and i am sorry for your head. the other day i cut too close to a corner and hit my hip on it. i now have a bruise there. i hate that dont you? if dad and i had even one cadbury egg left it would have been gone a LONG time ago.