Whale Watching

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What A Weekend

Today is International Moment of Laughter Day. I don't really know what that means... just one moment of laughter, or lots of moments all day long?
Yesterday at practice we ran 1 300, 2 200s, and 3 150s. It wasn't hard when we were doing it, but I was exhausted after. When I got back to the room I had a few gulps of Gatorade and fell asleep on the couch for 30 min. When I woke up I had some leftover chicken alfredo, and I got ready for my class. Monday the workout was 4 350s. A harder workout, but it has definitely gotten easier than when we first started doing that workout.
Friday I took a physics test and got a 94 on it. I was pleased.
Saturday when we went to Ole Miss I ran a PR in the 400 of 57.85. My previous PR was 58.54 that I ran the previous year at Ole Miss. I also got a season PR in the 200: 26.1 Nothing special, but at least its improving. As I was walking over to the 400 I saw someone at a distance that looked a lot like Joseph Beck. I kept thinking how strangely much he looked like him when I saw the man next to him with a mustache. I thought, "Wait a minuet." and as I got closer I realized that it was Joseph, and the mustache man was Sterling. Luke had told me Sterling was coming, but I had forgotten about it. I was surprised, and realized that I Had to run good today so I wouldn't embarrass myself in front of them. I guess it worked, so I dedicate my PR to them.
Because I ran so well Luke said I deserved a new dress. Hooray! So we went to the mall Sunday and I got a new white dress for the spring time. After that we went to see a play that the UAH theatre group put on. It was The Mystery of Edwin Drood. It was actually a musical and was very funny. I like it a lot. After that Luke and I decided to go to our spot that we have found. It is a bench near the duck pond at school. We got Jason's Deli to-go and as we were driving back to go to the bench Luke said he needed to get something from his room. When he came out he had our picnic blanket. Secretly he had something else in his pocket. Sitting at our spot, eating chicken alfredo, in my new dress I said, "Today has been a really great day." He said, "Do you know what would make it better?" as he turned to face me on the ground with a ring box that contained a 25 cent ring. Of course the ring is too big on my toothpick thin fingers, but my other ring hold it on. I like it a lot. Some people think we are crazy, but fancy is not my style. I don't want a "rock" on my finger. That's just not me. It fits Luke and me perfectly. Everyone keeps asking if we have a date planned yet. The answer: No. We have plenty of time... why do we have to come up with that now? It not like you have to get married as soon as you get engaged. Some people wait 2 or more years before they get hitched. I'm not saying it will be that long, but its certainly not happening this year.
Well.... It is time for bed. I'm writing this as if it is Wednesday, because it is 12:14 am right now. Hope everyone has a day with lots of laughter moments. Oh yeah... it is also Hug An Engineer Day. Luke has already hugged me for it.

2 comments:

momosito said...

Congrats daughter. He is a good man, and will take care of you. I know you both have plans to complete as individuals, and that is very cool. I love your pr!! Keep up the good work. I love you super super mucho mucho.

Danni said...

you are right. it does fit you two really well and i am excited. you are a full on dork couple.