Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! Yesterday my mom and I went to David's Bridal to look for wedding dresses. There was a particular dress I had seen in a few magazines and wanted to try on. When we got there they gave us a catalog to look through to fold the pages of dresses I wanted to try. I marked two others that were the same style and three more that were different just because one never knows what could look surprisingly good. The lady helping us brought me the first three dresses to try on. First I put on the one I had been eyeing. I liked it a lot. My mom said my face lit up when I saw it in the mirror. I won't put a picture on here because Luke doesn't want to see it yet. The lady asked if I wanted a veil or headpiece. No. But I was down for flowers. She brought me a flower, a headband with a net veil and a flower, a plain veil, and another flower. She put the headband with the veil and flower on me, and I actually kind of liked it. So we moved on to the next dress. I very much didn't like it.
I liked the third dress too, but not as much as the first.Then came the different dresses.
I tried on this dress. Although this dress is beautiful it made me look even smaller.
I tried on one other long dress, but like the other it just swamped me. I don't feel like putting the the last long dress I tried on. The long dresses were no good for me. I am too short. The lady asked if I wanted to try on the other longer dresses that I marked. No. I was done with those. So I tried on the first dress again so I could compare it with the third one. While I was looking at it I heard some women behind me saying, "Oh she looks so cute!" I saw them in the mirror and they were looking at me. I turned around and they said, "That looks so good!" and other complimentitive things. The lady asked if I wanted to try the third dress again. I said, "No. This is The One." I like it a lot. I'm really excited about it. Because they didn't have my size I had to order it. I ordered a size 2 which is still too big, so it will have to be altered. I could have ordered a size 0, but that would be too small.
Today we went back to David's Bridal for Danni's dress. Because mom and I decided what we wanted her to wear with a few options yesterday, today was easy. The first dress she tried was The One. Thank goodness the one I wanted her to wear looked really good on her.I love it. It looks so good on her, and it is one of those that she can wear again. It is cotton satin so it isn't like a shiny prom dress. We got to bring this one home with us, but we have to hide it away from the dog and cat hair.
Mom and I are currently discussing ideas for what Luke and Josey are supposed to wear.
we have come up with a few ideas here and there about different aspects of the wedding.
I think we are going to Sergio and Suzy's house later this evening. Maybe Suzy will have some input.
Right now I'm desperately awaiting to hear how Luke is doing.

No comments:
Post a Comment