Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Frustrated
I am currently dealing with what we think is piriformis syndrome, and it it becoming extremely annoying. Piriformis syndrome is when the piriformis muscle is so tight it squeezes the sciatic nerve and hurts down through the leg. The doctor is almost certain that this is the problem, but because the pain goes all the way down to my foot when I sprint, and there is pain in my hip and back too... she wants me to get an MRI and start physical therapy. We originally scheduled an MRI for last Thursday when I saw her at the free clinic at school. Then my insurance said I had to go to her actual clinic and schedule the MRI from there. So I had an appointment there yesterday, and another MRI was scheduled for this Thursday. This morning the clinic called me and said my insurance denied it again. Now instead of waiting to start physical therapy after the MRI, the physical therapy place is going to try to set up the MRI after I see them. The next available appointment with the PT guy is April 18th! That is so so far from now. I haven't been allowed to run for 2 weeks now, and the doctor said not to run this week too until after I get my MRI. Well now what? Am I just supposed to give up my last season? Just wave my white flag? There are only 3 regular season meets left. I was annoyed that I was out last year because of some stupid thing in my foot. Now I'm getting angry that I get to do nothing with my last 2 years. My freshman year I ran a 58.54. Sophomore year I ran a 57.85. I wanted to run a 56 at least some point in my career, but my stupid body just won't let me. I'm done ranting. My hip is aching and I need to get some breakfast so I can take my prescription anti-inflammatories. Then I have to go talk to CT...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment