Whale Watching

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Random Thoughts

I was just sitting in the caf eating all alone(i do that almost every weekend) and I started watching the people that came in. I noticed a few things like "pretty" people only hang out with other "pretty" people and rather unattractive people hang out with the like. Why is this? Is it because the "pretty" people are just to stuck up to hang out with the unattractive people or is their just some unexplainable attraction between people that compels them to hang out with people that are on their level of attractiveness. Another thing... why do different groups, like athletes or nerds(Luke)[jk], look so different? Even when they are younger, before they start working out like crazy to get giant muscles or stay inside to long and their skin looks like paste, there is just something that sets them apart... I'm not talking about the clothes they wear or the things things they do, but some kids just look like they are going to be a certain way when they get older, and it usually ends up that way. If someone looked at me, what group would they think I belonged to? I know the answer is not the athletes, so don't even try to use it. I don't think I look like the nerdy kids or the preps. Greasers or Socials(what movie?). Anyway... that was just my thoughts as I sat alone with my beef and carrots, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
I know this is a long time from now, but I was thinking about what I might give up for lent. I thought about caffeinated drinks b/c I drink tea every day at lunch and I'm sure it can't be to good for you, but the caf sweet tea is delicious. That is an option, but I would rather give up something I spend to much time on... like Facebook or solitaire. I gave up computer games last year which ended up being a pretty good idea. I didn't waste my time with it and I had more time for other things. I know if I give up Facebook I will spend all my time solitaire, hearts, freecell, and spider solitaire. Maybe I should give up my computer except for the things I need like my UAH e-mail, studying, this(my blog)(its not that important, but I would like to keep you informed and I don't spend that much time on it).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you've heard the old saying, "birds of a feather, flock together". people do the same. All those things apply only while your young (most people)and in school. What's inside will be all that matters when you get older.