I am terrible at this blogging business. I can't ever remember write a new one.
This weekend was a terribly wonderful. Friday night Luke and I went to a slam poetry show and watched the group Elephant Engine High Dive Revival. They were so good. So so good. After that we carved pumpkins whose pictures are on Luke's Facebook. We were both extremely proud of ours. I drew the tree and he cut it out. I cut out the little face on the other side. When the lights were on the tree side looked ok... kind of bad with the pen ink soaked into the edges of the cut parts, but when we turned the lights out... it looked awesome! We also watched the movie Adventureland. I had been wanting to see it. The girl in the movie is the girl that is in the Twilight movies. She always looks like she is on drugs, even in real life.
Saturday morning we went to pick up our Angel Food order. I was excited about it because we have more food, and I don't have to make a sandwich when I miss a meal in the caf. Luke and I watched a football game in the comfort of my living room. Thats right... I watch football now. I don't completely know whats going on, but some of the things they do are impressive. I don't really remember what else we did on Saturday at the moment. I do remember the puzzle adventure though. At 11 pm we decided to go buy a puzzle from walmart. It was 750 pieces and we finished it at 3 am. I was delirious by then. We now have two completed puzzles in Luke's living room. One is of New York, New York and the other of Times Square, New York. We are going to glue them together and give them to Julia and Leah as Christmas presents. They will have to put them in their coffee shop when they get it started.
Sunday was study and homework day. Our study break was playing wiffle(not sure about the spelling) ball with a stick I found during my surveying lab. Luke found out that he got an 88 on his 3rd english paper. He was very excited.
Yesterday at practice I ran 600, 500, 300, 300. I'm not sure what Luke did... he runs with the short sprint group and they did something different. I'm not sure what we are doing today. She told us our hard practice this week, but I don't remember what it was.
Last night while Luke, Julia, and Leah were in the upstairs study room I had to stay behind and take a shower. After I decided that I was going to make them cookies. There were only 7 squares of dough left in the package because Luke, Julia, and I eat the dough. I decided that they would get 2 each and I would have one. They were studying hard, so I decided they deserved a little treat. I stood in front of the over the last 7 min they were baking... I wanted them to be perfect so I watched them carefully. They got excited when I brought it to them, so I was happy.
Last night I had the best dream. I was in a really poor area (I think in another country), and I was helping build a public bathroom. After it was built I helped run it... making sure there was toilet paper and paper towels and what not. There was a little girl that came out of the bathroom and I showed her how to wash her hands properly and showed her where the paper towels were. Before she left she thanked me and gave me a big smile. It was such a good feeling. Then my alarm woke me up with Ingrid Michaelson's song Everybody. "Everybody, everybody wants to love. Everybody, everybody wants to be loved." I don't want to work at a job that I get tons of money, but don't do anything but design water/sewer systems or test soil contents for contamination. I want to do something that makes me feel good, and that requires making others feel good. I don't know. I'm just lost right now. I don't know what i want to do when I finish school.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yeah. you need to build toilets so the poor kids in the slums of india dont have to use the ones like in slumdog millionare. i was thinking, i think we should make a blog for our family. you know, the close family. like cousins, gran and gramps, and yeah. i think it would be fun. but of course we'll have to set guidlines. what do you think?
Post a Comment