Thanksgiving in Birmingham was a good. We had lunch at Ethan's and dinner at Passen's. I got to carve the turkey at Ethan's with an electric knife. It was amazingly easy the way it just slid right through the meat. It wouldn't have been so simple with a regular knife though. We also had green bean casserole (delicious!!!), stuffing (not a big fan), sweet potato casserole (I didn't get any), and apple pie (also delicious!!!). Ethan has two high school aged sisters, and they were constantly being embarrassed by their mom. I don't really understand why though. They kept saying, "Mom, you're embarrassing us." I felt bad for her, because I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable or unwanted with us being there. Luke and I just answered all the questions that were making her daughters laugh and put their head in their hands. I also made sure to tell her how good something was as I was eating it. I don't ever remember being embarrassed by my parents. I know quite a few people that are embarrassed by their parents, but I never really was. I don't know why... I guess I'm just different. At Passen's we ate more turkey, broccoli with cheese sauce, rice with gravy, and yams. Everything was good, but I didn't enjoy the yams. It was my first yam experience, so I only got one chunk of it just in case I didn't like it so I wouldn't have to force the whole thing down with a fake grin on my face. I took the first bite of it, and the first thing I didn't like was the texture. To get past that, I concentrated on the taste as hard as I could. It was sweet, but at the same time... awkward. It is definitely not my food of choice, but if someone ever puts it on my plate I will be able to take it on. Passen's mom and I cleaned up. I put everything in tupperware and cleaned the counters and stove. She did dishes. Afterward we watched the movie Grow Ups, which was pretty good, and had pie. Pumpkin for me of course. Overall the day was fun and very filling.
If the date on this post says I did it last night, it is lying. I started it last night, but Luke and I started watching this week's Glee so I was too distracted. Then we watched the movie Easy A, and by the time that was over I didn't feel like writing anymore.
Today Luke and I are going to Michaels to decorate ornaments. You have to buy your own clear ornaments, and them decorate them. Luckily I have a 50% off one item coupon. It is from 10-12. It is more than likely happening at the Michaels near you too!
Yesterday Luke and I went to the mall to walk around. I have been seeing girls wearing a particular pair of boots that have really captured my attention, and while we were in one of the department stores I saw them.
Yesterday Luke and I went to the mall to walk around. I have been seeing girls wearing a particular pair of boots that have really captured my attention, and while we were in one of the department stores I saw them.

Of course I found the UGG version of the shoe and not one of the less expensive brands. I tried them on just for kicks, and I absolutely love them. They are the Highkoo II, but sadly with good quality and a popular name like UGG, the shoes are $200. I know... that is too expensive for shoes. The most expensive shoes I ever get are running shoes which are about $90. We saw the same style book at one of those big shoe stores for about $40. I would buy those, but I'm sure the quality isn't as good. Besides, I don't need them. I can't get them out of my head, but for the sake a my sanity and wallet, I must.

No comments:
Post a Comment