I know, I know... I'm a horrible, terrible, awful blogger. I usually think, "Gosh I haven't written a blog in a long time... I should write one... later." So here I am. Sharing all the juicy gossip of my boring life. I have read (well... listened to) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It was great, and I am absolutely baffled by the genius that is J.K. Rowling. Seven extremely long books that all manage to intertwine so cleverly. I remember reading the sixth book and thinking, "That was referenced in the 1st or second book!" She must have had this story planned out with incredible detail. There is no way she could have just started on it with a beginning and end planned and made up the middle as she went. As she sat in the coffee shop writing her fame and fortune to-be on napkins and hoping she wouldn't get out because she couldn't afford a cup of coffee, her brain must have been working ninety to nothing. I am amazed. Not only is it a good story, but she is such an incredible writer. Her style and methods are A+.
Moving on... The weekend we went home, Luke's flag football team played their last pre-playoff games. They won one and lost the other. The very next weekend the playoffs began, and it was single elimination. The first game they played the Pikes. A fraternity full of dummies, fatties, and jerks. It looked like we were going to lose, but we made a come back!!! I was so proud of them. Of all the teams, Pi Kappa Alpha was the 1 team I wanted them to beat. Luke was the quarter back, and they had a good mix of track, used to be track, and maybe 2 non tracksters on the team. If they had ever practiced, I think they could have won the whole thing. They ended up getting 3rd. Luke got hurt in the 2nd to last game and he could barely walk that night. His ankle was swollen, so we RICE'd it all evening. Rest Ice Compression Elevation. Luke learned that in his class. He was out all week from track practice because it was a muscle in his leg that wraps down into his foot. Because the flag football team was a secret from CT, he told her it was from a skateboarding accident... to cover the other guys butts. He is back to working out again, but not full force yet, and still puts ice on it after practice. They got the PV pit out today, and started doing drills. They should start jumping in the next few weeks.
Monday's workout was a time trial. We did a 300 and 150. I was the second fastest time for the girls in both. Leah had the 300 time, and Latrice had the 150 time. We did a 500 time trial last week, and I was second behind Leah. Today was our first 300s workout. We did 5 and they all had to be in a certain time. It was tough, but I like 300s. We maxed in bench Monday, and we are maxing squat on Friday.
More than anything, I am ready to go home. I am ready to get away from here, and go to the best place in the world.
Luke and I are pretty much done with our registry. I have to edit our George Foreman Grill and maybe one other thing, but we are pretty much done.
I have a math test Friday, my Statistics final on Monday and Wednesday, a Statics test and my Physics lab final on Tuesday. I think I might go mad. After it is over, I would like to do something relaxing like camping. I love camping more than I love orange juice, cadburry eggs, and my tape book. It is a close tie with the color green, my last name, and being able to feel a marching band as they pass by during a parade. Speaking of my last name... the realization of putting my last name in a storage bin is creeping up even more on me, and it make me sad. I have a strong attachment to my last name. I'm not sure if I have already blogged about this or not, but I'll say it again if I have. I love my last name, and I really don't want to get rid of it. But I will do it for Luke. People have suggested doing something like Loro-Beck or Rogina-Beck, but I know Luke wants me to just take Beck... so I will. Even if it is extremely difficult, and I will mourn over it for a few months.
I guess it is time for me to go to sleep now. So long my darlings... I hope visions of sugarplums are danging in your head right now... as in right now as I'm tying this, not right now as you read it. If it were the moment you are reading this, then you would have been paying to the plums wearing tutus instead of the words you are skimming over on this page. So by the time you read this... Happy Thursday to all, and to all a good day.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I like loro beck. Drop Alex and become Loro. ha his last name only
Yeah. Loro beck is pretty ingenious, but we would still call you alex. I am soooooooooo excited that you are coming home soon. It is what keeps me cheerful in this busy time. :) we are neatest friends just like woody and buzz. Although I don't know who is who.
Post a Comment