Whale Watching

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Selfish Shelfish (5x fast)

My first official day of the break. Do I sleep on? Of course not. I woke up at 8 like I do every day for class. I thought about going back to sleep, but I decided I liked the alert awakeness I was experiencing. If I go back to sleep, waking up will be difficult, and I'll be in one of those groggy, "I don't want to do anything" states. So, to start my morning ritual I got on my computer to check my email. I got the Black Friday ad for Michaels, and they have some good looking deals planned. All 7ft Christmas trees are 50% off on Friday. They have certain deals on certain days. On Saturday they have a Make-and-Take event where you get to decorate a clear ornament. You have to buy the ornament, but the paper has a 50% off one item coupon, so if I buy a box of them, and if I can get Luke to go with me, I will do it. I have not worked on a project or some sort of craft in a long time, and I'm starting to go crazy! I couldn't stop thinking about it last night. I am ready to be home so I can craft away.
I saw an ad for Walmart for Black Friday that has a Kodak C183 14-megapixel 3-inch LCD digital camera for $59. I would ask for it for Christmas, but I have already asked for a George Foreman grill. And I know my family isn't the type to go to Walmart early in the mad rush to buy something. I looked it up, and it has the particular settings I want, but I figured I ask my papi what he thinks before I go out early Friday morning to buy it. I really want a camera, but I want it to be a certain size. The camera I had was great, but too big for me. It took up too much room in my purse, and the thought of having to carry it around made me often not take it. I'm sure mom is putting it to better use than I did. Maybe I'll go to Walmart and check out this other camera to see the size before I decide anything.
Luke and I are supposed to go to IHOP this morning... depends on if he ever wakes up or not. Passen made pancakes last night, and they were good, but I prefer them cooked a little longer than he did. That is why I'm excited about free IHOP. I think I'm going to have to eat a snack though while waiting for Luke to get his beauty sleep.

No comments: