Whale Watching

Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Stars at Night are Big and Bright... Deep in the Heart of Texas!

What a crafty weekend I have had! Friday (After my math class) I sent out two swaps: Black Altered Text ATC, and a Picture Book Swap.

I used the return policy at the bottom of a receipt from the mall as my text and did the rest in pen. I'd share with you my interpretation of the card, but you might find it disturbing. Interpret it for yourself. For the picture book I had 2 partners, and the rule was that it had to be in your own language. At Walmart I found this:
I love these books. I read a lot of them in elementary school. Then to send them I used a bit of cardboard to make it sturdy, and wrapped them in funnies. I also made an envelope out of the comic section to send the ATC in.


When I got back from the post office Passen and I watched movies all day. Luke and Ethan were at the track meet, and Will went home. The room was so empty. We watched Sherlock Holmes, the end of Iron Giant, the end of Robinhood Men In Tights (Passen had to go to class while we were watching those 2 the other day so he finished them), X-men, The Fast and the Furious, and as Passen started watching Water World I left to go get my late Christmas/Early birthday present from my friend Josh. He got me Despicable Me. It is such a cute/funny movie. During all the movies with Passen I worked on my Audrey Hepburn ATCs. I started with black and white pictures that I printed off the internet of her.
Then I colored her, cut her out, glued her to a card that I colored, and added the shiny lips.
I finished 4 out of 5 of these, and I think I'll do the last one during my study break later. Because I printed out 6 and only needed 5 I had fun with the last one.
Alien Audrey! I didn't finish her, but I thought it was amusing.
Yesterday I did my entire "I Love Swapbot Ultimate Swap". This includes one postcard, one ATC, and one matchbox that have to include the swap-bot mascot, Ernie the Envie. I'll add pictures once I've taken them.
Luke pole vaulted 15' this weekend. He got a late start, but at least he found his rhythm. I talked to the coaches, and I am medical red shirting this indoor season. I would like to have had my 5th and final year of school off from track to focus on my senior engineering classes, but the scholarship will be so helpful.
I almost forgot! I got lots of swap-bot mail this week. My Favorite Color Swap arrived.
The picture is sideways. The girl who sent to me lives in Lithuania. She included chocolate, green tea, a card(that I have already used and is not shown), 2 different incense (one is cannabis scented. Hah!), 3 small notebooks, and little froggy heads to stick on stuff. In another swap, Favorite Quote Swap, a girl included 2 mini zines that I don't have pictures of. I've never seen these before, so it is really interesting to have.
I am ready to eat now, and then I have to study all day for 2 tests this week. Bleh. At least the weather will be good this week.

No comments: