Whale Watching

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Longest Post Ever

I wrote this blog Friday, but didn't get it posted, so now you get 3 days of my ramblings in one.
Goodness gracious I am tired. Like a bum I layed in bed until 10 until I decided to get make myself some breakfast. The only milk we had was 0% which is thin enough to be water, but it tastes like milk. I didn't want "milk water" for my cereal. Disgusting. So I made oatmeal. Sadly it would not thicken like I wanted it to because I added too much milk water. Disgusting. I also had two pieces of toast and I was going to have some applesauce, but I forgot about it.
Practice was... in short.... easy. All I did was a few triple jump drills, get my run up marked, and do a couple block starts.
Because it was such a lovely day and we had time left before the sun disappeared behind the hills we decided to go play Frisbee golf. There is a course on campus that Luke and Passen have played a couple times, but we went to the course that is next to the track where we practice. They said that this course was easier, which was what I needed because it being my first time... I wasn't very good. They had to help instruct me the first few holes, but I got better with each flick of the wrist. I had a lot of fun, and have decided to join the boys in their obsession with the sport.
For dinner we have decided to become chefs. We made spaghetti with hamburger meat and Ragu, potatoes, and a broccoli/cheese/rice steamable. It was all rather delicious.

Saturday was a day to test one's nerves and patience. We left at 6 am to go to Austin Peay for a meet not much bigger than the A&M meet. There were 4 teams, so there was only one heat of everything but the distance races. We thought that it would be over in the blink of an eye, but learned that assuming is a terrible idea. The first half of the meet zipped by, and I planned to warm up with plenty of (but not too much) time before my 400. Unfortunately the genius running the meet decided to slow things down, so it took 25 minuets for one heat of the girls 100 hurdles and guys 110 hurdles to ensue. I thought there would be one heat of the 1500s because the heat sheet said there would be, but there ended up being 3 of each. There was so much time in between each race too. By the time it even came close to my race I was tired from trying to stay warm. I was ready though, so I went and set up my blocks on the line. We were all ready and standing behind our blocks when the started told us they weren't quite ready so we should relax. About 5 minuets later the guys working the computer said, "We need to reset the camera." So the starter said, "Just relax ladies. It will be a few minuets." Then after about 7 more minuets the guy said, "We have to reboot the computer." A girl a few lanes behind me yelled out, "Can we get some water?" At that, we all walked off the track. I got a sip and tired to move around the field to keep my legs ready. That took about 10 more minuets for them to finally get all the equipment ready. Finally we all returned to the line to get this long anticipated race over with. They did a test fire with the gun to make sure it is working properly because it was having issues with many of the previous races. "Runners take your marks. Set." *click* *click* *click*. The gun wouldn't fire. So the starter told up to stand up and try it again. "Runners to your marks. Set." *click* *pow*. The gun fired on his second attempt, but because those of us close to him heard the click and lowered ourselves we had to jump out of the blocks. Thankfully he called us back. Third times the charm... right? "Runners take your marks. Set." *click* *click* *click*. Everyone stood up, and I just fell over sideways. I got up and jumped around a bit while the starter fiddled with the gun. At this point I had lost any bit of nervousness that I had, and just wanted to get this stupid thing over with. Finally on the 4th try the gun went off. I have no idea what I ran. I'll let you know when I find out though. I didn't get a chance to eat after that race because there were only a few races before the 4x400. I had a banana, but didn't have time to eat enough before I had to start warming up again. The relay was supposed to be Me, Julia, Latrice, Staisha. Latrice hurt her hip. Rebecca couldn't do it because she hurt her hamstring in the 4x100. CT was determined that Julia and I had to run this race... not for times... just because we "needed to do another run." All this was to her was another practice. She went through a whole list of girls on the team before she finally found Jac. Jac didn't seem too excited when she heard the news. Julia was still jumping when the race was about to start. She finished her last attempt while I was running. She ran over and run third leg. Again I have no clue what our time was. It wasn't pretty though. It was strange running the 4x400 because all the first legs were the same girls that I ran the 400 with. It was like Dejavu. We all passed each other at the exact same place as the 400. It felt kind of strange. I almost forgot... triple jump. I scratched all 4 jumps. The first one my left leg was on the board, and I was going to go ahead and try to jump, but realized that my body didn't know how to do it that way. My second attempt I had the correct leg, but my knee buckled when I tried to jump so I couldn't get to the next phase without killing myself. The third I hit with my left again. The fourth was another buckle. I told CT I would try to jump again at JSU if I actually got to practice some. Luke gave me a lecture on not jumping because it only makes my knees worse and my back hurt. I will look like a fool at regionals when I stuck in the triple, but I really don't need to get hurt like the rest of our team. It is pitiful how many people are hurt on our team. Our coaches have no brains. I have a long rant about that, but this post is already long enough.

As for today... Sunday, it is Wold Poetry Day. Everyone should try to write a poem. It doesn't have to be long or even rhyme. Poetry is good for you. I will share a little one that I wrote in my head a couple weeks ago.

For every breath you exhale
will follow inhales of mine.
Together we will synchronize
until it comes the time
when both our breaths grow shallow
and our hearts begin to slow
Together we will breath as one
and our love will ever grow.

Its cheesy, and I am not happy with the last line because I forced it for the sake of rhyming. I normally don't write rhyming poems, but this one just happened that way.
Yesterday was the first day of spring. Sadly for the people of Royse City it snowed. It is raining here today, so we don't get to play disk golf. Time to eat some Raviolis. Tomorrow is National Goof Off Day... act goofy or wear something silly.
Vote!

No comments: