Whale Watching

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Jana Countdown: 3 days

I am so disappointed in myself. I woke up this morning at 8, took my medicine, checked my email like I do every morning. Then I thought, "I'll lay down for a few minutes." I didn't wake up again until 12! Wasting daylight. So I hadn't been awake for long when you called me this morning, Mom. Luke and I went to the Chick-fil-a on campus to get lunch since it was too late for breakfast. Now we are watching to Texas vs. OU game. What the heck Texas?! You are looking pitiful out there! What happened to the "great Texas defense" that everyone has been talking about. You can't be a great defense if you make such bone head plays! Our little baby offence needs you to survive!
In other news, track practice was the hill from hell yesterday. Jumpers and Throwers had to do 8, the rest of the girls had to do 10, and the rest of the guys had to do 12. I did 10... Luke only did 8...
Thursday at practice we flipped tractor tires and did hurdle and banana hurdle drills.
Friday night Luke, Latrice, Andrew, Passen, and I went to Chili's and then the dollar theatre. We saw Dinner for Schmucks. It was actually a really funny movie. We talked about going back tonight and seeing Salt. It is only $1 after all.
Yesterday as I was sitting on my front porch a wonder idea occurred to me. For Halloween I want to be a Who. I will do my hair like I did it for the Wily and the Hairyman, and watch Dr. Seuss movies to get ideas for my clothing. I asked Auntie Gem about my nose and puffy upper lip. She said a costume shop would have a fake nose I could stick on, and to put a piece of the rim of a styrofoam cup under my lip. I'm excited about this. I think its going to be good. Last year all I did was wrap my scarves around my head and held a tea cup to be a fortune teller.

I shouted crazy things about how everyone's futures looked very dark because their tea leaves revealed the grim. I'm going to have to find someone that can do my hair this year.

No comments: