I Am Exhausted. This morning Luke and I went to Public Storage to check in and sign all the paperwork. We took a look at the sizes and went ahead with a 10x10 just in case. It ended up being a very good choice. We are now proud renters of our very own storage unit. We then went to the house to start packing. Luke started up the scooters and filled their gas tanks. Around 12 we went back to the dorm to get changed for track practice. Practice was Hard... with a capital H. We ran 6 250s. The 4th and 5th ones felt terrible, but throwing up a little acid made the 6th one feel like a walk in the park. It amazes me how much better I feel once I give into that miserable feeling. Luke and Passen did something easy like usual. Luke said they were doing lunges back and forth on the field. After 100 yards he was hurting, but when he looked up and saw the runners dying all over the place he decided that he shouldn't complain. When I was finished all I wanted to do was Nothing. CT said stretch, but I was even too tired to sit and reach for my feet... I swear they were at least 2 miles away from my body. Luke took me to sonic and got me a Route 44 Poweraid. It was really sweet and I didn't want to drink it, but then I realized if I put my straw in the top with all the ice it was slightly watered and just perfect for drinking. So I sucked it down. For lunch Luke made a pizza that we bought at Walmart last night. I was so good. I don't remember the brand, but it was delicious. After the energy boost, it was time to pack some more. We had seen Leah go to the house earlier but when we got there after lunch she was gone. I packed up the room and the boys took my stuff and packed it as I went. With my furniture on the trailer hooked up to Passen's vehicle, Luke's backseat holding boxes, and Ethan's truck bed holding Luke's tools and some of the other stuff he had in the shed we took our first trip to the storage unit. It was dark by that time, but luckily the units have light bulbs in them. With the 4 us of it went quickly. We went back to the house to get the last of it, and it was an easy, quick trip. After getting everything out I left my keys on the hook by the door, locked it, and left. The storage unit is pretty close in case I need to get something from it. We are most likely going to keep Luke's trailer at Ethan's beach house for the next 2 months.

For dinner we came back to the dorm and cooked eggs, bacon, and biscuits. It was delicious. The guys played Halo 3 for a while, and now I can hear them stomping around in the living room playing XBOX Kinect. We played it yesterday for a little bit, and it is so fun. I might join them when I finish this.

They have to move the couch out of the way to make room for it.
Our drive yesterday wasn't too bad for the first 5 hours. Our drive should have taken us 9 hours, but sitting in Memphis traffic for 50 min delayed us a little bit. It was strange seeing all the dead Kudzu. When it is alive the green, leafy fields and trees can be seen in all directions. This time of year it is all dead, so it looked like giant spiders spun webs all over the trees and fields, letting them turn to dirty cobwebs.
Tomorrow is going to be another busy day. I have to change my name with the school, bank, and NCAA. Luke and I are both going to change our meal plans to the cheapest plans. This week because we have to be back, and the food services aren't open on campus, we get checks to pay for groceries. We have decided to pool the 4 of ours and go to Walmart to buy really good meals that we will cook. Steaks, chicken, potatoes, yadda yadda yadda. It is going to be so good.
My closing picture will be these penguins going in for a group hug.
2 comments:
Lovely penguins. I imagine them breaking into the song we are family. Did you see they have zumba for the kinnect now? That's makes me want to get one.
I miss track practice. actually not so much jumpers/hurdlers always seemed to be the ones that had to do the most running....
- PolsPhoto via SB
Post a Comment