Whale Watching

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy National Buttercrunch Day!

I wish I had a Butterfinger to eat, but i don't. Tomorrow, National Hugging Day, will be much easier to celebrate.
I have a dilemma and would like some advice. There is this girl in all my MWF classes. She was in my surveying and chemistry class last semester, so pretty much we are going to be taking classes together for the next couple years. She likes to run, so that is 2 things we have in common. I would like to take our relationship to the next level... friends outside of class.... but I don't know how. Do I ask her to go somewhere like to eat lunch or something like that? I don't want to just say, "Do you want to hang out sometime?" That is too open ended. I wouldn't bring her here because there is nothing to do in our room but watch tv. I guess I could ask her if she wanted to study together some time. I have never had to do this before because I just happened to make friends with Johnna in a class and we continued to have classes together every year for 6 years. Leah and Julia were kind of forced upon me. Leah was my room mate, and after she and Julia became best friends Julia just came with the Leah package. They are like one unit. Not sold separately. So I would like some advice, because Luke hasn't helped me very much with it.
Today was a good day. Dinner in the caf was good. My classes went well. Friday we leave at 6:30 to go to Indiana. CT and I talked today. She said she believes in me. Now I just have to believe in me. The relay order is Me, Leah, Julia, Stasha. The second time we go to Indiana the order (depending on how this meet goes for me, Julia, and Leah) should be Me, Rebecca, Julia, and Leah. I'm just ready for outdoor to come.
Its time for me to work on physics homework. Good night.

2 comments:

momsito said...

you can do indoor!!!! Don't be afraid!! attack it! Beat it!

i'll try to give advice on friend later. Not too good at it either.

Danni said...

you should start trying to talk to her more. maybe when you are leaving class catch up or wait for her to leave and get talking about somthing. Try to be funny or whatever you think will get her attention in a good way. maybe just comment on something she is wearing or has. you could ask her if she wants to go (insert fun idea here). If she's resistant just leave it open for anytime. Keep getting to know her better and talking about the outside world more so that it will seem like there is more to just classes in your relationship. These should help.