Yesterday was my first day of my fourth semester. I had three classes: Intro to Transportation, Physics, and Calculus C. In transportation we got our syllabus and first homework assignment. We have to read chapters 1 and 2, choose a topic on the assignment sheet that we care about, and write a two page paper over it. In Physics we went over the syllabus and started chapter one. Rachel (a sprinter from our team) walked to class together, and when we got there the classroom was nearly full. What you have to understand about this classroom is that it is what we call our amphitheatre. In other words, there we SO many people in there. The biggest class I have ever been in here at UAH. I took my freshman chemistry in that room, and with 60 people we didn't even fill it halfway. We had to walk about 3/4 of the way up the stairs before we found a seat. Good thing the lesson is projected onto a rather large screen at the front so we can still see easily. In Cal C we went over the syllabus and started our lesson. Last semester in Cal B we learned through section 10.5. In Cal C we start on section 10.1. This is a 2 hour class twice a week. The first hour wasn't too bad. I payed attention and took notes, even though I already have notes on that section. By the time the second hour rolled around I started to feel like my body was smushing or melting down into the seat. Does anyone else know that feeling? I usually get it when I'm sitting down and bored out of my mind. I felt that way everyday when I took drivers ed. Like my body was shrinking or just becoming more and more compressed. I was so happy when 7:30 finally came. My professor looked at his watch and said, "I still have 30 seconds, but I guess I'll let you go." He is kind of difficult to understand if you aren't giving your full attention to understanding him, but Josh said as long as I write what he writes on the board I'll be set.
I just realized how very long this is so far... sorry.
If you haven't lost interest yet...
Practice today was terrible. 6 250s with 2 min rest. It was so cold. I hate cold. When I join the Peace Corps I don't want to go anywhere really cold. Rachel and I were talking about the cold yesterday. She was born in the Virgin Islands, eventually moved to Georgia, and then moved to New York. She hates the cold of New York, and she hates snow. I liked snow when I was younger, but the last time it snowed enough to play with in RC (a long time ago) I got over snow very quickly. Danni and I went outside to play with winter's wonderful white gift. After playing for a while I got cold and went inside. My hands were so cold and hurt so bad that it made me mad at the snow for being such a jerk. It seduces you with all its beauty and wonder, but then it just steals all the warmth from your body and makes your hands feel like they are on fire. Then and there I decided that snow was over rated. I would love to go outside and make a snowman with anyone willing because it makes for great pictures, but past that, I refuse. I like to stand in the flurries for a few min too, but not long enough that I turn into Rudolph.
I have a lot more to talk about, but I will give your poor eyes a break and write about it tomorrow. My spell check isn't working either, so I'm sure there are mistakes all over the place... ignore them.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you for all the info. I could have more you know. Eyes never get tired of hearing about you journey. I love you very much.
Post a Comment