Whale Watching

Monday, February 8, 2010

Fly A Kite Day

Today is Fly a Kite Day... but it is snowing here. Its snowing really thick and actually sticking. I don't think I'll be flying a kite in this weather. I like to look at the snow, but I'll leave the touching to others. I will just sing the song from Marry Poppins all day... Lets go fly a kite. Up to the highest height. Lets go fly a kite and send it soaring! Up to the atmosphere. Up where the air is clear. Oh lets go... Fly a Kite!
Last night Lyndsey came by the dorm to get her notebook that I borrowed. She had her dog in the car, and he was so cute. I asked when he was and she said, "A Dorkie. Half Dachshund, half Yorkie." I thought that was so funny. A dorkie! I love it. I want a dog. They love you more than most people ever will.
I had a dream last night that we were on the beach and I saw this huge hermit crab. Then this morning I was thinking about it and I thought, "How are hermit crabs born? Do they hatch from eggs like fish?" I think I'll look it up.
The track meet Saturday was okay. I woke up with a 100.6 fever, and my body was aching all over. Once we got to the meet CT was informed and she gave me Extra Strength Tylenol and told me to take it again in 4 hours. I felt horrible, but I think I ran my 400 leg of the DMR pretty well. CT said I ran a 59.9, but I don't (and no one else does) believe that. I don't know how my 4x400 split was either, but it didn't feel as good. I just felt miserable and wanted to go to sleep the whole time. I don't like getting sick. I didn't get sick once last year. Not once. This year I have managed 2 UTIs and whatever this is with the fever and body aches twice now. I admit my orange juice intake isn't as high, but that's only because we don't have it around all the time because I'm not the only one drinking it now.
Yesterday Julia and Leah invited me to go to the mall with them, so I went. Julia needs nicer shirts to wear when she goes and teaches the kindergarten and 1st graders. First we went to TJMax. She got a couple things, and I got a long sleeve shirt. Then we went to the mall and shopped at Forever 21. I had a really low fever and didn't feel so bad in the morning, but after walking around for a while I started to feel worse and worse. I was miserable by the time we were finished. When we got back my temperature was back up. I did get a smoothie though and it was wonderful... Orange sherbet, yogurt, orange juice, strawberries, pineapples, and bananas. It was absolutely wonderful.

No comments: