Whale Watching

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shaun White is my Hero

I officially decided that for Lent I am going to do 3 things. The first is read from my devotional book every day. The second is to give up television. I will walk in there and if the tv is on I'll just sit and waste an hour. I used to never watch tv, but now that it is always on in our room I just get sucked into it. The last thing I watched was Shaun white win gold in the snow board half pipe. It was a thing of beauty. It's no wonder that he is the king of snow boarding. The third thing I'm going to do is perform at least one selfless act or anonymous good deed everyday. I'm not telling anyone else about it because that would ruin my anonymous good deeds. I won't be seeing any of you, so it doesn't matter.
I accidentally charged my phone over night a few nights ago. I was very disappointed. I hadn't left on the charger overnight since I first decided to stop doing that. I just put it on the charger while I'm sitting in my room in the morning or evening, and I'm good to go. I was pretty unhappy to wake up and find my phone on the charger. It is wasted energy that increases my carbon foot print.
I had my first Cadbury egg of the year yesterday. It was wonderful. I came in my room after practice and there was a box on my computer with a note. I figured who it was by the hand writing. It was my friend Josh who knows that I am obsessed with the chocolate/caramel wonders. Then later when I walked by the mailbox I looked inside and there was a note for me. It was 2 post-it notes teepeed over a delicious golden egg and said "Alex, Easter is coming and we are watching you... -The Cadbury Easter Bunnies" It was Leah's handwriting. I went and told Julia and Leah about my note and they acted surprised.... too bad Julia is a terrible liar. It was funny. I was really excited about it.
Don't forget to vote on my poll.
This morning I'm going to Walmart to get groceries for the track meet. Luke is building the pv runway. He is excited about all this coming together so quickly.

1 comment:

Little Queen said...

I chose apple pie because it is amazingly good. I watched shaun white last night and i have to say seeing the air comparisons to the other riders is comical. He has taken tony hawks position as the king of snow/skateboarding. I also have been watching apolo ohno with a great amount of adoration because he is amazing and very very cute. did you hear the thing about j.r. celski's injury a couple years back. after a call that close i think i would be too afraid to race again. There are a few korean's that i have been rooting for, but if any of those 3 are going i have to go for them. did you see the pairs figure skating? the chinese couple that went first was awesome. they deserved to win. they have been skating together since she was 8 and he was 11 and they are married and in their 30s now. i thought it was cool. so yeah. i agree. shaun white is a hero in all his big fluffy red hair.