I know there is no way we will make the cut, but at least we made the national list! Our time dropped about 4 seconds from last week. If Leah had ran her race, we would have had a chance, but it's okay. I am officially a national qualifier (as is Luke). I'm hoping outdoor will go well.
I have found that visualizing my race before had is NOT a good thing for me. Every time I do it, I don't run well, or the race I want to run. Every time I have not even thought about the race while I'm warming up I PR. Leah is a headcase (not as bad as Megan Frausto) and she has to talk her race out before hand a million times. It drives me crazy. I have heard it a million times. I don't need to tell myself what to do because my body will do what is knows to do. I don't need to think until the last 200 of it. I know visualization works for a lot of people, but for me.... I hate it.
I got a birthday card from Granny and Papa. It was cute. Thank you Granny and Papa! I love you so much!
Danni, I did see the couple's figure skating. We watched it at Julia's house and everyone got really into it. It was a good time. I don't remember which couple it was, but it looked so good that after it we all started clapping. When Luke and I watched Shaun White (AKA The Flying Tomato) we were amazed.
Staying in a hotel made it difficult to not watch tv. As soon as we walked in the room someone turned on the tv so I had to lay in bed facing the wall. At breakfast the tv was on and they were talking about the Olympics. I had to position myself so I couldn't see the tv.
Thursday when Luke and Passen were working on the runway, so I made them lunch. When I went to find them I walked inside Spragins with Leah. I went to the back of the building and saw that the door was cracked open. When I got closer I knew that they were out there because I could smell them... well... not them, but the wood they were using. I love that smell. I sat for a while and waited for Leah to finish with the trainer and to make sure they ate something. I was taking in the smell and realized that it reminds me of my dad. When he builds stuff he always smells like that. The smell of freshly cut wood. Especially when I was younger and it seemed like he was always working on some new project.
I am so cold right now. Our air was at 62 degrees when I woke up this morning. I had to change it.
I'm considering going back to sleep for a bit. The past 2 days were very tiring. I couldn't sleep all the way home from VT. I might get in another hour.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Yesterday was Love Your Pet Day
This meet seemed to be a pretty good one for most the team that went. I'm proud of Luke for easily matching his PR on his first attempt. I know he isn't happy with it, but there is so much promise for outdoor. Sadly his pants disappeared this weekend. He took them off to jump, went to pick them up right after, but they were gone. He thinks someone mistook them for their pants because a lot of teams were wearing the same pants as us. He was still unhappy about it. I gave him mine because they are too big anyway. Isn't that funny... we were wearing the same size pants. The 4x400m went well. We qualified with a 3:55.59. I ran a 58.48 split. That was an indoor pr. I've barely (if ever) broken 60 indoor. My outdoor open 400 PR is 58.54. Here is the video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations on the new PR! It's great to be able to watch the videos you and Luke are putting on your blogs. Karen
yeah. i know what you mean. he has very specific smells like the one when he has just washed his hair.
Post a Comment