Whale Watching

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Last Day to be 19

Today has been a good day. I'm leaving 19 with a bright and shiny aura. Because of the recent tragic events on campus there are counselors in almost every building for people to talk to. There are also crisis dogs walking around... with their owners of course. They came to our dorm at 7 for people to come and pet. There was a great dane, beagle, some pug looking thing with long hair, golden retriever, and a mini long haired dachshund. I was thinking of taking a 15 min nap before I started my homework, but as Luke was leaving to go to his lab he called me to say they were here. I jumped right up, threw on my converse, and shuffled down the hall. I met Andy there, and we stayed the entire hour. I pet the dachshund and the great dane most the time. I would love to have a great dane... they are huge!!!!! He sat with his butt on the couch and his front legs on the ground. I was sitting on the floor and when he stood up he towered over me. His owner was pretty funny. We talked a lot about her dogs and my dogs. She has 10 dogs!!!!!!!!!!! 7 of them are rescues. The dachshund was so cute. She stared at you like Cricket and licked you like Holly. I miss all 3 of our spoiled lumps.
Last night we went to the last basketball home game of the season. We won 74-56. It was a good way to finish up at home.
Monday morning in the dorms Chick-fil-a was giving free chicken biscuits to everyone that passed. It was delicious.
Monday's workout was 5 300s. It was tough, but I think I did really well.
We are going to Anderson Indiana this weekend to compete at one more indoor track. I am personally ready for indoor to be over, but I guess it has to be dragged on for one more week.
I had a dream the other night that I cut my hair short again and I was happy about it until I thought about my long hair. I won't be cutting my hair short for a really long time. I might cut it really short and donate it to Locks of Love someday, but today is not that day.
I am ready to go to sleep, so in the morning I will be 20!

2 comments:

momosito said...

happy birthday pumpkin. Have an amazing today. Yesterday sounded like loads of fun. You are my precious precious.

Hiccup said...

There are those kinds of dogs? i knew about the ones for the sick but i didnt know there were ones for crisises. it makes complete sense. people who love dogs are usually their most at peace when with them. The only service dogs i get to see on a regular basis is a golden retriever that is the seeing eye dog for a man on my bus. she is really sweet but starting to get some grey around the eyes. They have been together for YEARS. and of course the drug dogs that come to school. They usually bring a golden retiever and a german shepherd. one of them licked me once while we were standing in the hall. It's buddy was searching the room. I think it's cause i had just eaten some chocolate. Have you ever seen them go into sneak position? it's very funny watching them inch around on their stomachs.