Whale Watching

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

La ti da

So far this week has been... productive. I have more checks then scratch marks in my planner for the first 3 days. There is a study room on every floor of our dorm. The first floor has computers and is really big, but I can't go in there because there are also big windows which are too distracting for me and a bit creepy at night. We started going to the one on the second floor which is perfect for Luke, Julia, Leah, and me to go to because there are 4 desks and only one little window covered with blinds. The past few weeks we have been here every single night. We have started calling it home because we practically live here. I'm not very good at doing homework in my room because I have too many things to distract me. This room has turned out to be very good for me.
I will be home in about 28 days. Hooray! I think we are going to drive home after Luke's last final on Thursday morning.
Today for track practice we ran 12 100s. Yesterday it rained so we did starts in the gym at Spragins. Monday we did 1 300, 3 200s, and 4 150s. I think we are doing 500s at the track Friday.
In my Civil Engineering Graphics class the only thing we are doing now is working on our final project. In my Intro to Civil class all we are doing is working on is our final project... a catapult. I have one more chemistry lab. We are probably just going to learn a little bit more in chemistry and math for the final. The end is near.
I signed up for my spring classes this morning. I am taking Intro to Transportation, Engineering Economy, Physics w/Cal, Physics Lab, and Calculus C. I am borrowing my Transportation book from Daniel Saint(guy on the team), getting my Economy book from Josh Coots(another guy on the team), my Physics book from Latrice(girl on the team and good friend), and I already have my math book. Being on the track team is like being in a sorority. They have their collection of old tests and lab manuals and books to be passed around. So do we. I'm glad our team is such a wonderful little family. Luke is getting most of his books from teammates too.
I am eating a PBJ right now, but it is taking my a while because I only take a bite every once in a while, so the bread is starting to get a bit stale.
Monday night Luke and I went to eat dinner in the Bevil Center(the hotel on campus) and let me tell you..... the food there is sooo good. We have decided to keep an eye on the menu for something we really like so the meal will be amazing. We can use our charger bucks there too.
Time to work on my Graphics project. How has the weather been in the big RC?

1 comment:

Queen amadala said...

The weather is absolutely b e a utiful. We've reached
that point of year when every day is nice and you don't
need a jacket yet. The sun is warm and the air is cool and
windy. I wish you were here to enjoy it with me.