Whale Watching

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Baffled

I'm having trouble with the world lately. I know I should not put my faith in earthly things, but you can't ignore them either. I have heard so much bad news in the past few days and it is making me crazy. It just blows me away that there can be So Much Evil in this world and no matter how many people try to help and try to make a difference things just seem to keep getting worse. I have started to do some serious soul searching this morning. I haven't really found anything yet and I don't know what I'm looking for, but I'm still looking. All I want to do with my life is make a change. I don't care about making lots of money or becoming famous or anything for myself. If it would do any good, I would become a super hero... minus the super powers... well Danni knows my superpower. I would help and save people and make sure no one knew who I was. But then my character would be famous, and I don't want that. I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I still want to go into the peace corps, but I don't know what to do with my college career. What should I major in? I'm pretty sure helping people or traveling the world trying to make a difference are not majors at any college. I don't even know if that is what I actually want to do. What if everything I do never changes anything? I'm a poet, a peace loving hippie, a confused teenager, a runner, a pianist(I haven't had access to a piano since January... I'm going crazy. I need to buy a keyboard or something.), a liberal (OBAMA!), a toothpick(96 lbs), a singer(I'm going to be in a musical someday), a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a bloody horrible procrastinator, an asthmatic that's allergic to the outdoors, a Christian.................. and still, I don't know who I am. So I continue my quest for the Holy Grail... well not quite, but for myself and my future and what is right in all this chaos.
This is another crazy vent post so grammar, spelling, and punctuation are not important. Again... if it doesn't makes since... we neither do I, so its okay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have already changed the life of one young man - who loves you dearly. You have impacted his life for THE GOOD in ways that will forever make him a stronger individual.
You DO have the power to impact change . . .
"Evil" is no match for a woman with Holy Spirit "Superpowers"! God will lead you to places and people where you can use your gifts and passions infused with the power of the Holy Spirit to create lasting change.
The hard part is waiting and listening.
With much love,from the grateful mother of that special young man.

Anonymous said...

We ARE superheroes. You and i, and everyone who loves, is a super hero to someone. whether it be a family member or a random elderly lady you see and smile at every day on the street. I love you beautiful.