Whale Watching

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Epiphany

Today as I was sitting in class I realized something: I don't want to be a doctor. I have been talking about it since my sophmore year of HS, and today I realized that I don't want that anymore. I really did want to be a OBGYN, but for the past year or so I have started to wonder if that is what I really want. And now I have realized that, NO... I really don't want to go into the medical field. I think it is facinating, but for some reason I am no longer compelled to be in it. For one thing... I hate being in Biology. I hated it my freshman year in highschool and I hate it now. I mean... I did like the stuff about the human body and disecting stuff, but other than that... lame. Another thing... If I decide to be a doctor, I am going to be trying to get an internship and a job right out of med school. If I do that I won't be able to do the Peace Corps. I have wanted to join the Peace Corps for a long time, but you can only do it if you have a college degree. Right now I have no idea what I want to do. Maybe environmental engineering or maybe I will become a spy or a secret agent or a tattoo artist or a belly dancer. just kidding on the last few, but the first one does sound interesting. I am going to talk to someone, perhaps a councelor or a circus clown or an elephant... whoever can give me the best advice.
I just realized yesterday that I have to get the form for absentee voting ASAP. I'm not going to miss my first oppourtinity to vote. I'm sorry to those of you who like him, but McCain is an Idiot. GO Obama GO!
I'm sorry if I rambled or repeated myself... I was tying really fast and I don't want to go back and check it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have some serious soul searching to do. Environmental Engineering and the peace corp sound like a good fit. It is so exciting to have all those awesome choices. You will figure it out. I could see you out there in the world helping people.