Whale Watching

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Second Attempt

First off... I would just like to tell everyone that if they do not listen to Chris Tomiln they should start right now. His album Arriving is awesome. I have listened to it every morning when I wake since I got it.
I would like to give a pink flamingo(because I think a shout out sounds silly) to my two best friends... Leech Girl and Starfish! I miss you guys so much. Don't worry, I miss everyone else too. They are just the special people of the day.
Right now I am jealous of my family... they moved into the house without me. Jk. That is so awesome that it Finally happened (8 months later). I can't wait to see it in December. It will be exciting sleeping in the Guest room. :)
So this weekend has been pretty fun so far. Friday night we went to the first night of Big Spring Jam. We walked around to the different stages and listened to different bands. We heard Saving Abel, Chris Cagle(some country guy that Leah wanted to hear), Edwin McCain, Buckcherry(he had to be on something), and STYX. There were 8 other bands, but we either didn't want to see them or we were to busy with a better band. After we left we ate taco bell b/c I was super hungry. When we got home I realized that our clothes and hair smelled like cig smoke b/c so many people were smoking. It was gross. I ended up getting 3 hours of sleep before I had to wake up to go to the pancake breakfast. I must say that I had the worst job. I had to clean off and sort the dishes that the waiters were bringing in. I'm glad I had gloves because they were covered with butter and syrup. I was scraping peoples' leftover mess and picking trash out of syrup so the the guy washing dishes had an easier time. It really wasn't that bad, but no one wanted to take my job when the second shift came in. Eventually Paris gave in and he took over. I was So hungry. I ate four pancakes... they were really good, but they are no match for Leah's pancakes(awesome). When we got back to the dorm Leah and I both fell back asleep. I actually typed a post about all this, but it messed up and I didn't want to do it again so I took a nap instead. After sleeping a while I eventually got up and showered. Leah and I went to eat dinner at Cheeburger Cheeburger. It was really good. Then we went to Big Spring Jam. We heard Darius Rucker(the guy from Hootie and the Blowfish), Presidents of the United States(they were okay), and T-Pain. We wanted to go listen to Gretchen Wilson to hear that Redneck Woman song, but we missed her. Kansas and 38 Special were there too but we were at a different stage. There were 18 bands last night. After we ate Waffle House. I now like it more than IHOP. I went to sleep around 3 and I tried to sleep in, but I woke up at 9:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I'm sorry this is such a long post. If you made it all the way to the end you should go eat some delicious treat to reward yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made it to the end so i think i will reward myself with a delicious Fudgecycle...

Anonymous said...

Wow some of those bands are your father's and mine from long ago. Sounds like an amazing music experience. I am so glad you are having great experiences your first semestr in school. Downtown Huntsvill is very pretty.