Whale Watching

Friday, September 19, 2008

Frozen Friday

Today at track practice we ran 10 200s. They had to be under 37 sec and we had 90 sec of rest in between. After that we did weights and abs. She killed us with abs today! As usual we went and ate lunch afterwards, and I ate catfish, jasmine rice, and green beans. It was so good. Yesterday the lunch was terrible so I was happy today. Last night there was lasagna and it was delicious.
So after we ate lunch Leah and I went to get an ice bath. The trainer wasn't there so we had to make our own. CT told us to put 3 (big) buckets of ice and 4 of water. Let me tell you... it was COLD and it was PAINFUL. CT asked if we would do it for 10 or 15 min and I was like "15!" My toes were on fire it was so cold. Last week when we took an ice bath we used the one that had been sitting there for a while. It was only 57 degrees. Today we took a fresh one that was 30something degrees! It took me like 5 min to get used to it and even then my toes were killing me. After a while my ankles and shins started to hurt. Oddly my knees felt pretty warm... I was grateful to them. When the time was up we struggled to get out of the tub. My toes hurt so bad. I wanted to cry they hurt so bad. But I didn't... I'm to tough for that. I couldn't feel my (bright red) legs or bend my knees. I love ice baths. Even though you have to go through so much pain, your legs feel so much better after they have thawed out. You are not sore at all and you are ready to go 10 more 200s.

No comments: